Report to be Released on the Four-Year Anniversary of Hurricane Katrina
August 24, 2009
New Report Highlights Unique Challenges
to Census 2010 in the Gulf Coast
NEW ORLEANS --
On Monday, August 24 at 11:00 AM CT, the Leadership Conference on Civil Rights (LCCR) will hold a press conference to release a new report, "Counting in the Wake of a Catastrophe: Challenges and Recommendations for the 2010 Census in the Gulf Coast Region." The release of the report coincides with the four-year anniversary of Hurricane Katrina.
- Describes the high stakes for the Gulf Coast in the census and how the count will affect the recovery and the region over the next 10 years.
- Assesses the current situation in the region and the impact of unique demographic trends that emphasize the exceptional challenges to achieving an accurate count, particularly among vulnerable populations.
- Makes recommendations to policy makers and the Census Bureau to ensure the most accurate count possible.
- Wade Henderson, President of the Leadership Conference on Civil Rights (LCCR)
- Trap Bonner, Executive Director of Moving Forward Gulf Coast
- Monique Harden, Co-Director, Advocates for Environmental Human Rights (AEHR).
Release of New Report on the Gulf Coast's Unique Census 2010 Challenges in the Wake of Hurricanes Katrina and Rita
Monday, August 24th, 11:00 AM CT
Children’s Defense Fund-Louisiana
1452 North Broad Street
New Orleans, LA 70119
back to AEHR News Releases & Announcements